Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Happy Family Day Lissi!

I can't believe our beautiful, amazing blessing has already been home for one year! One year ago we said good-bye to her birth country and were greeted in the United States by many family and friends. It was a joyous day for us, but also a hard one. I think we all shed some tears in that transition away from all she had known, to a brand new life. We are blessed beyond measure to parent this child.

One year ago:





























And today:




















We celebrated quiety with just a few friends, cake, and ice cream. Our gift to her is the Lifebook that I (hope) will be completed soon. It will tell her "special story" and include pictures from her beginnings and our journey to be together.

2 comments:

-Stacy and Ted 7:49 PM  

HAPPY FAMILY DAY sweet girl! I am so honored that we had the chance to meet you,hold you, kiss your sweet cheeks, and dress you in the pretty new dress that your mommy and daddy and big brother sent for you!

Me myself and I 4:10 PM  

Oh STOP!! I cannot believe it's been a year, sweet girl! I remember calling your mommy late at night (I'm sure your mommy and daddy remember, too!) to tell them that they HAD to get on the HOLT bb because you were spotted at the reception center! Heck, I remember your mommy calling me to tell her your beautiful name the day that they got your referral!!! You have been loved from Day 1, sweetie pie!!!

HAPPY HAPPY FAMILY DAY, your family is SO blessed to have you!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP