Toddler Rules of Possession
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.
I thought of this list this morning as I heard Lissi in the other room saying, "My hippo. My blankie. My hippo. My blankie....." There was no one in the room to hear her. She seemed to just be reassuring herself! :)
1 comments:
I am printing this and posting in our toy room because sometimes Mommy needs reminded and Clark is getting very tired of having to tell me over and over. :)
Post a Comment