Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Me, the new NPR podcasting fanatic

Podcasting and I have just become good friends. I mean REALLY good friends. Its hard to find me around the house or taking a walk without listening to a podcast. My newest and most favorite podcast is a hilarious new quiz-show. I'll listening in reverse chronological order (who me?!) so the news I'm now learning is more and more out of date. Oh well. I'm certainly laughing a lot!

The following is part of the 7/15/07 transcript from "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"

Q: Researchers at Iowa State University studying 72 married couples found out that the key to a happy marriage is how often the wife…..

A: How often she gets her way…. They took these 72 couples and they asked them to rate their levels happiness. And then the video taped them as they discussed some topic of importance and difficulty between the couple. The result: the happiest couples according to BOTH the man and the woman, keep in mind, were the ones in which the husband quickly, intently, and enthusiastically gave in to the wife’s demands.

To which one female panelist replied: further proof that there is a god!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP