Proud new owers of...
1/3 of a pig?!
After a number of my non-fiction reads this year I've been sickened by the meat industry standards and practices (figuratively, thank goodness!). Although I'm not ready to take the plunge and become a vegetarian yet, I DO want to eat high quality foods. So we teamed up with my SIL and BIL and had a local pig butchered.
To accomodate all this meat we needed freezer space. Luckily I'd been corresponding with someone on craigslist and had an appointment to look at a freezer on the exact day that the meat was delivered.
So now we have a new(ish) freezer in our carport filled with meat. Who'd have thought?! ;)
1 comments:
We too have gone to organic meat. A friend of ours raises cows & pigs for themselves. They were more than happy to raise one of each for us also. We just help with the cost. It taste so much better than the meat you get in the store!!
Post a Comment