1st workday of summer break
I decided to try out a step-aerobics class at the gym we just joined (now that I have some time to actually go). I left sleeping Lissi at home with sleeping daddy and dropped Cal off at the gym's kids club. I entered the class and was very surprised to find that at least half of the class was over age 60. I wondered if I had accidentally stepped into "stretch for your health" or something of the like. But no, it was the right class and everyone participated in the step class (some did quite well too!). When the class was finished and my face was smoking, I peeked into the kids club window and saw that Cal was being carried around, but wasn't crying. So I decided to go into the locker room and take my shower. When I came out of the locker room to pick him up, I found him bawling and soaking wet. He had just had a HUGE accident--his first accident while awake in more than a month. He drenched every single piece of clothing. Although we had more clothes in the car, I soaked myself carrying him out there.
We had a playdate with the twins, which is always fun. Cal loved the sandbox in their yard, but didn't love having sand on his feet coming home (mommy's little boy!). In spite of the active day, he refused to nap in the afternoon. This makes 3 days in a row nap-free of the three days since school ended. I think this lack of nappage was planned to correlate with my vacation. Grrrrrr. I, on the other hand, was exhausted and took an hour long nap. Extremely unusual for me and I even wondered if I was coming down with something. But I think I'm okay. Lissi on the otherhand has been on and off inconsolable so we're wondering if she is fighting a bug. :(
0 comments:
Post a Comment