Friday, June 09, 2006

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!





How about you, you, you?

I went on a field trip with the Life Skills classes to the zoo today. It was grey and threatening rain all day, but we were dry. There were several instances when we needed to restrain a student, but overall it worked out very well. We had two adults chaperoning each of the more "difficult" students. Quite a few students had a parent chaperone.

Wink and the kids met us at the zoo. Poor Wink. He had Lissi in the carrier and was pushing Cal in the stroller. A stroller with mostly flat tires. He was often trying to hold the bottle for Lissi to feed, while he tried to follow me around. I was helping with a 2:1 adult:child ratio so I couldn't help out very much. Fortunetly, Cal was willing to stay in the stroller almost the entire trip since every school in the state was on a zoo field trip today and it was VERY busy.

I am really grateful that Wink took this trip since I was able to spend more time with the kids, and Cal got to see some cool animals: otters, penguins, sleeping polar bears, primates, tigers...


This is how Lissi felt about the whole thing...

2 comments:

-Stacy and Ted 4:27 AM  

Looks like fun! We're going to the zoo today!

Anonymous 4:35 PM  

I am glad you had so much fun at the zoo :). IT is good to hear that life is going well for you guys. Camp Starts tomorrow!! On your birthday. And so life is a bit insane. I just finished up some work I had to get finished and thought I would browse on line for awhile!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP