Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rose Festival







Fabulous day! It started gray and questionable, but the sun was out and the temperature perfect by 11am.

We went on a new sort of adventure today. Parades. Big parades. The Grand Floral Festival Parade. We've never been able to participate in the Rose Festival in the past, but our friends Alan and Lisa invited us to watch the parade with them today. So we followed them to search for parking, and then walked onto the bridge. We were walking up the middle of the bridge and sat down near the curb. How cool! Cal took over an hour to warm up to this strange turn of events (I'm sure he heard "never go in the street!" over and over in his confused head). The police were giving out stickers and riding around on motorcycles. When the parade started it came in full force: horses, bands (loud bands!), cheerleaders, cars, more horses, amusing pooper scoopers, more bands, more horses, more pooper scoopers, floats, floats, floats! The parade kept going and going and going for more than an hour.

What a fun tradition and way to build memories!

After the parade we drove to the mall. Both kids fell asleep in the car so we went through the McDonald's drive through and then sat in the car until they awoke. We went to Nordstrom's to buy a day-early birthday pair of shoes. I'd seen these sandals on my co-worker yesterday and had to check them out. They felt wonderful. But then I was compelled to go into Gymboree and see their sales. And, thanks to my friend Carrie, I am now a Gymboree addict. I wish they had clothes that cute for me! I'd totally buy a large size of some of these girl outfits. :)

We drove home and Lissi fell asleep in the car again so we transferred her straight to bed. then I went to try out my new gym membership (thanks mom!) while Wink watched the kids. When I returned, Wink went to the gym.

What a fabulous day! Even if my birthday tomorrow doesn't turn out as perfect as I'd like, I'll at least have great memories of the weekend!

1 comments:

-Stacy and Ted 2:46 AM  

Happy Birthday CC!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful Saturday!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP