Lissi's updated picture arrived from Korea
When we were in Korea the doctor and Social Worker referenced her recent progress report and updated photo. We glanced at the photo (I mean saw that there was a picture but didn't look carefully because we had her in person). We knew the progress report said lots of information about her current schedule, eating habits, etc. We also knew that the fact she was living in the Reception Center, and not a Foster Family, would be documented in this paperwork (the agency had NEVER actually told us this information up to this point). We were also told that the picture and progress report should already be on their way to our home in the USA.
A couple of weeks after we had returned home with Lissi I asked my SW about the photo and progress report. She, in turn, asked the US main office. They said it was common for progress reports to take a month to get to the US. So I kept waiting. I ran into my SW two weeks ago and again told her that we hadn't received this info. So... today I got an email from her containing Lissi's picture from 2/28. It's pretty anti-climatic now that's she's been home 2.5 months. But I'm glad that we can have it for her to cherish one day.
I guess the whole point of this is that it pisses me off that the agency NEVER told us that she was in the Reception Center. And when they finally document it, it gets to us 3 months later (well, we technically don't even have it in hand yet). We found out about her placement totally by accident when my friend happend to SEE her when in Korea. If my friend hadn't put two and two together we would have been totally caught off guard when we arrived in Seoul. After we knew where she was living we had many people visit her and take pictures. We have over 70 pictures of her from January until her Gotcha day. If, however, we had had this info in September (when she was moved) we would have asked many other families to take pictures as well. There is one family that lives locally that played with her several times in December. But they didn't take any pictures so we have nothing from that time in her life.
I think my rant is over for now. Her care was wonderful and everything else went well. I just wish I had known where she was sooner. :(
0 comments:
Post a Comment