Saturday, December 16, 2006

My holiday sickies

On Monday, I told my co-worker that people at work are dropping like flies with sickness. I also told her that I was worried because I felt SO healthy. Really good. I knocked on wood.

Apparently I didn't knock hard enough. I began to feel crummy on Tuesday and had to cancel my private client. I made it through Wednesday okay. On Thursday I dragged myself into work so I could make a morning meeting and give my co-worker her Christmas gift (I don't see her on Fridays). I couldn't make it through the day. I left 2 hours early. At home I carefully wrapped all 13 gifts of pumpkin bread that I've been baking for the last 2 months. I put them all in bags so that I could grab them and go in the morning.

I got up Friday morning determined to get to work for the annual Holiday breakfast (yum) and deliver all of my gifts. I got my contacts in and that was it. I took them right back out and called in sick. It felt like a train had run over me. Had it been anything less, such as a bus or semi, I would have gone into work. But I just couldn't. I spent the next 20 out of 24 hours in bed in and out of sleep. I sent Wink and Cal off to my work to deliver all of my gifts. It should probably be noted that although I had gifts for 13 people, he only brought back 2 for me. So much for give AND receive goodies....

Today I am definitely doing better, although not great. Mostly I'm just tired and weak. But I'm getting by.

1 comments:

Anonymous 7:41 PM  

Hope you feel better soon!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP