Song: My One-Socked Boy


(to the tune of "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison)
Hey where did it go,
Every day when inside
Down on the wood floor,
You play the same game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
Through the kitchen, bedroom and hall
Our hearts a thumpin' and you
My one-socked boy,
You my one-socked boy.
Whatever happened
To that silly blue sock
You take it off at once
And drop it where none can find
Standing in the sunlight laughing,
Hiding behind a couch or chair,
Slipping and sliding
All along the house one sock on,
My one-socked boy,
You my one-socked boy.
Do you remember where you put that sock?
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da
So hard to find the sock,
Now that it’s all on its own.
I saw it just the other day,
Where could it have gone?
Cast my memory back there, Lord
Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout
Finding it when we go out
Most wear two or no socks, but you
My one-socked boy
You my one-socked boy
Do you remember where you put that sock?
Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.
1 comments:
Cuute!!! I love it, too....of course, it helps that it's to the tune of MY SONG! ;o)
In fact, even Brad Pitt knows that that's my song....one of these days remind me and I'll tell ya the story.
Oh Cal...you are one of the cutest one sockee'd boy I've ever laid eyes on! We always say, "One sock on, one sock off....one sock on, one sock off" (like "wax on, wax off" in The Karate Kid). :o) Your version, however, is MUCH more creative and must have taken much longer to come up with! Nate's mommy is IMPRESSED!
Post a Comment